Per spent a great deal of his youth involved in competitive cycling in his native country, Denmark, and his interest in long-distance hiking and mountaineering started in 2008 with a hike to Mt. Moosilauke. Over the years he has increasingly focused on the more technically oriented disciplines (such as high altitude climbing, ice-climbing, winter-backpacking etc.) and in 2013 he became a member of Summit Sensations.
- NH Grid (2015)
- NH 48 in a single winter season – 4 times (twice with Cinnilla, his dog and favorite hiking partner)
- NE 67 in a single winter season (2013-2014)
- Several Presie-traverses (summer and winter), Pemi-loops and a Mahoosuc traverse – all as one day hikes
- Mt. Whitney (2009) and several Colorado 14,000 footer peaks
- Co-led SSMC’s successful attempt on Mt. Baker (Washington, 2015)
- Backpacking/hiking/climbing in the Tyrolean Alps (Italy/Austria), Patagonia (Argentina/Chile), Wind Rivers (Wyoming), Cascade Volcanoes (Oregon/Washington), Glacier National Park (Montana), Adirondacks (New York) and Baxter State Park (Maine)
Since 2011 Per has – through his company LongMark, LLC – worked as an independent business consultant focused on the Digital Printing Industry. Prior to founding his own company he held a number of senior management positions with companies involved in industrial digital printing.
Per holds an MBA from INSEAD, in France, a B.Sc. in Data Processing from Copenhagen School of EDP and a B.Sc. in Business Finance and Capital Markets from Copenhagen School of Economics and he lives in Meriden, NH.